Saturday, November 28, 2009

Explorations with the tongue :D

Oh no, havent had much fun as the title suggest. Or did I have? Wont tell :P

This is about FOOD, and nothing else :D

Some simple realizations:

There is more to Kebabs than just fried chickens :) The original (turkish/arabic) kebab is actually a sandwich (in different bread). Yummmy, nevertheless :) They dont put all sorts of nonsense vegetables (like carrot, bloody green leaves etc :D) and put lot of onions. I love it.

I was rather proud that only Indian foods are spicy (with a lot of Chilly). But came to know that Mexican food uses even more chilly. Had some mexican candy - dried mango with chilly and sugar - which tasted like vaalan puli.

Crepe - dosa made of sweet, wheat batter :). Wish they put salt instead of sucre, and uzhunnu maavu instead of godambu. And served chutney and sambaar.

I dont know enough about French food to comment, but I know that it can be the best, even to Indian mouths. Ate a plate de jour which was a mix of rice, sauce (white, custom made sauce) and chicken. So yummy it was.

I hate it when restaurent diderot (student cafeteria - full meal for 3 euros) put French fries along with every single meal. But never thought I will love beef stakes (albeit with added pepper :)). Even fried chicken wings are great. (Its not traditional french food, though).

Vietnamese shops sell more spices than Indian ones! A blow to my pride :( But dont know if Vietnamese cuisine is as spicy... a Vietnamese girl told me Indian food is very spicy... So I dont know.

Well, as one can see, my explorations have been limited. Been careful with the walet. Yet, So far,so good.

So long.

No comments:

Post a Comment